Upcoming Transportation Strikes, Street Closures, and Special Events in Paris
Occasionally there are special events or transportation strikes in Paris that affect travel time and can cause delays when trying to get from place to place. We hope to provide you with the most up-to-date information in order to ensure a seamless journey to or through Paris so you can focus on enjoying the City of Light!
July 15th - August 26th: RER C Closure
- RER C will be closed between the stations Paris Austerlitz & Javel - Andre Citroen. A replacement bus is available free of charge.
September 24th: Paris-Versailles Run
- Please avoid the area between the Eiffel Tower, the river Seine, and the pont d'Iéna on Sunday morning.
- No vehicle traffic will be allowed across the bridge or on the road directly in front of the Eiffel Tower. We suggest opting for the métro.
- Tours affected: Versailles bike, VIP Versailles bike, Versailles Chateau & Gardens, Paris Day Segway tour (9:30am), Paris Day Bike Tour (10:30am). Please allow extra travel time to reach the meeting point for these tours.
October 1st: A Day Without Cars
- On October 1st, the majority of Paris will be closed to private vehicles (not including taxis, public and tourist buses, and emergency vehicles). Following this event, the Champs Elysée will be closed on the first Sunday of every month to any vehicles.
- We suggest avoiding using taxi/uber services to arrive to the meeting point for tours; opt for the metro or walking. This will be a great day for a bike tour!