Upcoming Transportation Strikes, Street Closures & Special Events in Paris
Occasionally there are special events or transportation strikes in Paris that affect travel time and can cause delays when trying to get from place to place. We hope to provide you with the most up-to-date information in order to ensure a seamless journey to or through Paris so you can focus on enjoying the City of Light!
Starting December 5th, exact dates vary: RATP strike - many métro lines will be shut down; exact closures will be announced on the RATP website here 2 days prior to the strike.
- Affected Tours: No tours will be affected, but please give yourself plenty of time to get to your meeting point.
March 1st: Paris Semi Marathon. From the Hotel de Ville east, much of rue de Rivoli will be shutdown as well as the area around Bastille in the morning. Use the métro if you're staying in this area of Paris.
- Affected Tours: No tours will be affected, but please give yourself plenty of time to get to the meeting point if you are staying near this area.
April 5th: Paris Marathon. Much of rue de Rivoli will be closed in the morning as well as the riverbanks on the south side of the city. Use the the métro and give yourself plenty of time to get to your destination.
- Affected Tours: None of our tours will be affected, but the Paris Day Bike Tour and the Paris Day Segway tour may have slightly altered routes. Allow plenty of time to get to the meeting point if you are staying near this area.
July & August 2020
Exact Dates to be Announced: Line 6 of the métro will be closed between Montparnasse and Trocadero stations due to major renovation work. Click here for an exact map of station closures.
- Affected Tour Meeting Points: Paris Day Bike tour, Paris Night Bike Tour, Best of Paris Bike Tour, Monet's Gardens Bike Tour, Monet's Gardens Walking Tour, Paris Day Segway Tour, Paris Night Segway Tour, Skip the Line Eiffel Tower Tour with Summit Access, Paris Open-air Market Walking Tour, Skip the Line Eiffel Tower Tour, Skip the Line Eiffel Tower Sunset Tour, Tour en Bici de Paris en Español.
- To get to our office (24 Rue Edgar Faure) via the métro, please use line 8 or 10 and get off at 'La Motte Picquet Grenelle'. Look for the 'sortie 4' (exit 4) which will bring you to Rue de Pondichéry (you will see a Starbucks at the ground-level exit). If you're coming directly to our office, walk down Rue de Pondichéry and make your third right (just past a park) onto Place Dupleix, then Rue Edgar Faure will be the next main road on your left.
- If you are meeting us at the pharmacy across the street from the Dupleix métro stop, face the Starbucks and then make a left, walking a few steps towards the overhead métro tracks. When you arrive at the road with the métro tracks overhead (Boulevard de Grenelle) make a right and walk for about 1 minute.