Upcoming Transportation Strikes, Street Closures & Special Events in Paris
Occasionally there are special events or transportation strikes in Paris that affect travel time and can cause delays when trying to get from place to place. We hope to provide you with the most up-to-date information in order to ensure a seamless journey to or through Paris so you can focus on enjoying the City of Light!
June & July 2019
June 7th - July 7th: The FIFA Women's World Cup will be taking place in France from June 7th - July 7th with games in Paris on a few dates. We expect increased crowds on dates when games are scheduled and suggest allowing extra time when traveling on the métro or in taxis.
- Affected Tours: None at this time.
July & August 2019
Exact Dates to be Announced: Line 6 of the métro will be closed between Montparnasse and Trocadero stations due to major renovation work. Click here for an exact map of station closures.
- Affected Tour Meeting Points: Paris Day Bike tour, Paris Night Bike Tour, Best of Paris Bike Tour, Monet's Gardens Bike Tour, Monet's Gardens Walking Tour, Paris Day Segway Tour, Paris Night Segway Tour, Skip the Line Eiffel Tower Tour with Summit Access, Paris Open-air Market Walking Tour, Skip the Line Eiffel Tower Tour, Skip the Line Eiffel Tower Sunset Tour, Tour en Bici de Paris en Español.
- To get to our office (24 Rue Edgar Faure) via the métro, please use line 8 or 10 and get off at 'La Motte Picquet Grenelle'. Look for the 'sortie 4' (exit 4) which will bring you to Rue de Pondichéry (you will see a Starbucks at the ground-level exit). If you're coming directly to our office, walk down Rue de Pondichéry and make your third right (just past a park) onto Place Dupleix, then Rue Edgar Faure will be the next main road on your left.
- If you are meeting us at the pharmacy across the street from the Dupleix métro stop, face the Starbucks and then make a left, walking a few steps towards the overhead métro tracks. When you arrive at the road with the métro tracks overhead (Boulevard de Grenelle) make a right and walk for about 1 minute.
September 8th: The Champs de Mars will be closed due to a race. Avoid trying to cross it on foot and opt for the metro.
- Affected Tours: None of our tours will be cancelled, however our Paris Day Bike and Paris Day Segway tours will be rerouted to avoid the Champs de Mars