The Interview and Training Process - Florence, Italy
COMPANY MISSION STATEMENT
Our mission is to provide safe, fun, and unforgettable experiences though superior customer service that creates memories and smiles that last a lifetime.
- We will ONLY consider applicants who have legal work authorization in Italy. Please don’t bother submitting an application unless you hold an EU passport, or valid working papers.
- We will only consider individuals that have completed at least two years of independent full time work or University, as a potential candidate for employment.
- A general working knowledge of Florence’s neighborhoods, metros, museums, restaurants, and other points of interest is a useful skill.
- Candidates should enjoy being around people of all backgrounds and working in a busy environment. You should get a thrill from addressing large groups, have a fun personality, the ability to quickly adapt to changing situations, an interest in international travel, integrity, and a large smile. We’re only looking for applicants with a strong sense of team spirit and those who are willing to pitch in to get the job done.
- From top to bottom, we help each other out whenever needed; flexibility is the name of the game. This might mean that your help is required to complete tasks that are not usually part of your day to day responsibilities, such as purchasing, customer service, bike assistance, customer check in, and many more.
Open Positions in Florence, Italy
TOUR GUIDE AND HOST
Since our foundation in 1999, we have been at the forefront of tourism, and we offer some of the most comprehensive ways of visiting this beautiful city, sharing it’s wonders with people from all over the world! Our renowned tradition of exceptional tour quality and superior customer service would not be possible without our top class team of Guides and Hosts.
Our guides ensure that everything runs smoothly, and that our guests have a great time on tour, day in day out. As the face of our company, candidates must have exceptional customer service skills, be extremely organized, and able to work well both as part of a team and individually. Our staff wear many hats: guide, confidant, problem solver, conversationalist, leader, care giver, and general rock star! Guiding tours with us is a highly sought-after position demanding lots of cultural and historical knowledge and above-all, extraordinary people skills. Those are the obvious qualifications, but no less important is the ability to work very flexible hours and have a strong sense of team pride.
Guides are initially trained on a combination of our core city tours, both on two feet and on two wheels (walks, monuments, bikes and Segways), and as your expertise and competency grows so does the portfolio of tours you can give. While guides spend the majority of time out on tour showing our customers a great time, they also spend some of their time working as hosts in our busy offices.
During time spent hosting, staff are responsible for a wide range of tasks, from sizing customers for bikes to dealing with any reservation issues and helping to answer any questions that they may have. A dynamic position like this requires sunny warm personalities who are able to graciously direct people where they need to go, and who are happy to work outside and on their feet in every kind of weather, fielding the same questions over and over, while always remaining calm and cheery.