Experience a Barcelona Private Bike Tour
Our private tours are ideal for large families, student groups, cruise ship groups, hen and stag parties, and any large group that prefers an exclusive tour set to their schedule and requests. Companies have only begun to see the potential a group experience can offer.
Good to Know
Your tour meets in the corner of Plaça Sant Jaume near the intersection Carrer del Call and Carrer de Sant Honorat near the Starbucks. Look for your guide with a blue bike with a Fat Tire Tours flag. The closest metro stations are Jaume I (L4) and Liceu (L3). Please arrive 15 minutes prior to tour departure.
Frequently Asked Questions
Questions About our Bikes/Biking in Barcelona
Is this tour appropriate for children?
Absolutely! We welcome kids of all ages on our bike tours and we’re a great family activity. The area we bike in is very flat and our tours follow carefully selected bike-friendly routes. It is necessary, however, that any person participating in our bike tours have at least some bike riding experience, and should be comfortable riding in a group.
We’d love to have your family on tour with us and we understand that your child may have a different bike-riding ability than others their age. To accommodate young children or those uncomfortable on their own bike, we have the following equipment available in Barcelona.
When booking online, select the total number of participants, and then specify any additional equipment needed such as a baby seat or child’s bike. These options are always free of charge but are important to reserve in advance so that we have the right equipment available for your tour. You can see a bike chart of all the kid’s bikes and accessories available here.
- Baby Seats: Our baby seats are designed for children 11 months old and older, weighing under 22kgs (48 lbs), and be able to support the weight of their own head. They are fitted on the rear rack of an adult bike.
- Kid’s Tandem: For children up to 10 years old or weighing under 32kg (70lbs), we have single-wheeled tag-along tandems. The child passenger sits on a seat and can pedal or coast. All riders weighing over 32kg (70lbs) must ride their own bicycle. This is not an option for adults or anyone over the weight or age limit.
- Child Bikes:
- 20″ Extra Small City Bike (generally recommended for children ages 6-12) The smallest bike is a reduced version of our full-size tour bike. Featuring 20″ wheels with street tires, easy to use 3-speed Nexus shifting, hand brakes, lights, fenders, and a rack to carry your things. As always, it is important that the rider is confident riding a bicycle. Riders must have the ability to maneuver around obstacles and to ride in a straight line, both for their safety and the safety of others on the tour.
- 24″ Small City Bike (generally recommended for children age 9+) The small bike is a reduced version of our full-size tour bike. Featuring 24″ wheels with street tires, easy to use 3sp Nexus shifting, hand brakes, lights, fenders, and a rack to carry your things. As always, it is important that the rider is confident riding a bicycle. Riders must have the ability to maneuver around obstacles and to ride in a straight line, both for their safety and the safety of others on the tour.
- Helmets: Helmets are available free of charge, and we have sizes to suit all ages. Helmets are mandatory for anyone under the age of 16.
Is a helmet included?
Helmets are optional for adults on all of our tours, but we have them in sizes for all ages. They are mandatory for riders under the age of 16.
General Tour Questions
Where is the tour meeting point?
This tour meet at the corner of Plaça Sant Jaume near the intersection Carrer del Call and Carrer de Sant Honorat near the Starbucks. The best address for a taxi is Plaça de Sant Jaume, 3, 08002 Barcelona, Spain.
What is your cancellation policy?
Due to the nature of guide scheduling for private tours, cancellations or rescheduling requests must be done at least 7 days in advance of the activity start time to be eligible for a full refund. Reschedulings are subject to availability and fare difference may apply.
What is your weather policy?
All of our tours operate rain or shine, and we have rain ponchos available in our office for purchase.