WE ARE NOT CURRENTLY ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS
Social Media Ambassador – Part Time (Paid)
Fat Tire Tours is seeking part-time Social Media Ambassadors to join our family. The Social Media Ambassador is an essential role, acting as Fat Tire Tours’ voice and visual identity on social platforms.
Success in this position comes from a contagious love of your city and the local culture, an obsessive attention to detail, strong creative instincts, and a commitment to structure and organization.
Qualified candidates have a proven track record in social community management and growing followings and engagement on platforms that include Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter. It’s imperative that you love your city, care that people see its best side while visiting, and spend weekends exploring different neighborhoods because you love finding something new! This position is responsible for delivering weekly Instagram live stories that capture the best that the city has to offer, an inside look at our tours, and special tips for travelers. The Social Media Ambassador will interface directly with the Director of Marketing and Marketing Content Manager to help develop a well thought social content calendar using a variety of online tools (Google docs, Hootsuite, Facebook, etc.). The perfect candidate is able to adapt to the Fat Tire Tours tone and voice and contribute basic copywriting for social media captions.
Fat Tire Tours is a company built for travelers by locals. We offer a variety of fun, engaging, and memorable tours for those that want to discover the best a city has to offer. Through familiar hospitality and superior customer service, we lead tours that define a traveler’s time in the city. Like all Fat Tire Tours family, the right candidate must be driven to excellence and ready to work in a fun environment.
The role will report directly to the Director of Marketing.
DESTINATIONS CURRENTLY ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS
- No destinations are accepting applications at this time.
- We will ONLY consider applicants who have legal work authorization in the destination you are applying for.
- We will only consider applicants based in the destination you are applying for.
- 1-2 years of working in a social community management role
- OR – Direct management of a social media account with over 1,000 followers
- OR – University degree with a focus on marketing
- Experience managing a Facebook Business Account.
- Experience managing Instagram stories.
- Firm understanding of how to post on all social media platforms.
- Mobile and traditional photography/videography skills a plus.
- Strong respect of deadlines.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, very strong multitasker.
- Excellent writing and copy-editing skills, proven track record of writing engaging content.
- A love for your city and the local culture.
- A personality that prefers to explore what’s new in town over staying home on the weekend.
- A willingness to branch out, meet new people, and learn something new.
- A passion to show people the local side of your city.
- A willingness to go on a bike, e-bike, Segway, or walking tours for tour promotion purposes.
- Serve as the defacto local social media expert for all things related to your destination.
- Help grow Fat Tire Tours’ audience and brand reputation across all relevant social media platforms.
- Schedule daily posts and help manage the social media content calendar.
- Research and provide relevant, trending, and current content across all relevant social media platforms.
- Work with marketing team to coordinate and/or execute on complimentary social media opportunities.
- Pitch and coordinate live social media content across assigned platforms.
- Actively engage in popular and trending local social communities to help Fat Tire Tours remain relevant as a credible and leading expert in the market.
- Participate in initiatives to help cross promote Fat Tire Tours with other leading social media communities
- Monitor conversations and trends across travel communities, local events, openings, exhibitions, etc. to inform marketing team of relevant content ideas and trending topics.
- Maintain the Fat Tire Tours social media communications style guide.
- Serve as an on-camera representative for Fat Tire Tours’ marketing team across various social media outlets as needed.
- Handle variations and changes to this role as needed.
- Job Type: Part-time
- European locations: €500 – €1,000/month
- London: £500 – £1,000/month
- United States locations: $500 – $1,000/month
If this sounds like you, please submit an application!