Join the Fat Tire Tours Family in Austin, Texas!
Fat Tire Tours is a leading international travel brand operating a variety of tours in 12 exciting destinations around the world. We are passionately committed to the unique travel experiences we provide to our guests. The customer’s journey with us starts well before joining one of our tours, and we are searching for new team members to join our Customer Support Team in our Austin headquarters office. Our Customer Support Team is responsible for fielding customer inquiries in our call center and assisting our customers during all phases of their travel, but mainly during the booking process. We are looking for an upbeat and energetic person to join our team and help connect our customers with our activities around the world.
We are currently looking for a full-time team member through fall 2020 with the potential to extend based on a performance review. This is a great role for anyone who is passionate about travel, and excited to work with customers over the phone, email, and chat. We value experience but also know this role is great for someone looking to gain experience in the travel industry and with customer service. While we can provide training for our systems, we need candidates who can bring professionalism and a strong work ethic.
CUSTOMER SERVICE AGENT
Ideal candidates will be passionate about travel and taking part in helping connect our customers to our great travel activities. Candidates should exude a positive attitude and upbeat attitude that helps us connect with our guests. Additionally, candidates should:
- Be able to communicate clearly and confidently over the phone and online
- Have strong customer service skills including the desire to achieve sales
- Have excellent computer and typing skills
- Be available to work regular weekend shifts.
- Fielding inbound sales and customer service inquiries via email, chat, and phone
- Building and maintaining a strong knowledge of our offered products
- Communicating clearly and professionally over the phone, email, and chat to educate potential clients on our products
- Recording and managing customer interactions into CRM software
- Monitoring leads and progress them through our sales process
- Building and maintaining strong customer rapport
- Promoting customer loyalty through amazing service
- Inputting reservations in booking software
- Other tasks as given by our management team
- Weekend hours, early mornings, and some evenings are to be expected, although we will guarantee two consecutive, regular days off at some point in the 7-day week (i.e. your 'weekend' may be Tue/Wed, but it will be every Tue/Wed)
- This job will begin in late February or early March 2020.
- Training will be approximately 10 days and it will be compensated.
Location & Compensation
- This position will be located in our Austin office in the West Lake Hills area. The salary for this position is $25,000 - $35,000 based on experience, performance, and time commitment. In addition, there is a 1.575% commission on all bookings (for reference, a standard agent typically accumulates around $1,500 - $2,000 in commission over the course of the year).
How to Apply
- We would love to hear from you! To apply, fill out the online form below.
- You will be asked to upload a current resume as well as a cover letter towards the end of the application, so be sure to have both of those documents ready before beginning the application. Your cover letter should explain why this position is right for you, and why you are a strong candidate for the position.
We do not have any current openings at our Austin, Texas headquarters.
We are sorry to have missed the opportunity to work with you, but please keep us in mind for the future! You can explore all of our Employment Opportunities here.