Monet Gardens & Giverny Bike Tour
Join us on an unforgettable journey into the heart of French impressionism; Giverny! This tiny village located about 45 minutes northwest of Paris offers the perfect getaway from the hectic city streets. We’ll meet at our office (24 rue Edgar Faure, 75015) and take a private bus for the relaxing drive through the Normandy countryside. As you’re passing beautiful wheat and sunflower fields, your guide will begin to explain the history of impressionism and its founding father, Claude Monet.
Good to Know
The tour meets at our office located at 24, rue Edgar Faure, 75015 Paris. The closest Métro station is Dupleix (line 6).
Frequently Asked Questions
Questions About our Bikes/Biking in Giverny
What cycling skill level do I need for this tour?
While all of our tours maintain a leisurely pace, we want our guests to have fun and be safe, so being able to ride a bike is paramount.
This tour is perfect for intermediate bike riders. You should have good balance, be able to start and stop comfortably, and be familiar with hand brakes. Most of this tour is on roads and although we stick together as a group and carve out a lane for ourselves, we ask that all guests feel confident with their riding ability. Safety is our number one priority but confidence in yourself is the first step to overall group safety.
If you’re not sure how you’ll fare, we invite you to try out some of our other tours first.
Is this tour appropriate for children?
Yes! This tour is a wonderful way for kids to discover Paris. You can use this bike chart to help you reserve the appropriate bicycles for your little ones – you can reserve kids’ equipment during the booking process. Please keep in mind that children under 16 years old must be accompanied by an adult on the tour.
- For children up to 10 years old or weighing under 32kg (70lbs), we have two-wheeled tag-along tandems. The child passenger sits on a seat and can pedal or coast. All riders weighing over 32kg (70lbs) must ride their own bicycle. This is not an option for adults or anyone over the weight or age limit.
- We have various sized city bikes to accommodate just about every size of rider, from extra small 20 inch wheeled bikes for riders that are 3.3ft (100cm) to extra large for riders up to 6.5ft (198cm).
- There is no additional charge for trailers, tandems or baby seats. Due to limited availability, please book baby seats, trailers, tandems, 20” and 24” wheeled bikes in advance.
- Please Note: All extra small 20 inch and small 24 inch bikes are equipped with hand brakes.
- Our city tours are very casual, with only slight elevation changes on varying surfaces including smooth gravel and pavement. It is necessary, however, that any person participating in our bike tours have at least some bike riding experience, and should be comfortable riding in a group.
What are your bike options?
You can view our bike options here.
Unfortunately, we do not have adult tricycles, adult tandems, or bikes with training wheels for adults or children that may be less confident in their riding ability
Is a helmet included?
In France, adults are not obliged to wear a helmet, however they are mandatory for children under 12. We have helmets of all sizes available in our office, free of charge.
General Tour Questions
Where is the tour meeting point?
Your tour meets directly at our office, located at 24 rue Edgar Faure, 75015. Please arrive 15 minutes prior to tour departure.
How long will we get to explore the gardens and Monet's house?
You will have approximately 2 hours to explore on your own.
Is lunch included in the tour price?
No, lunch is not included in the cost of this tour. You will have the chance to buy picnic supplies from numerous vendors at the market. Some vendors may accept credit cards, however we feel it is best to have cash in euros available as well.
Is this tour offered in any other languages, or only English?
All scheduled tours are in English, but private tours can sometimes be scheduled in other languages, given we have a tour guide who speaks the language of your choice.
Can I leave the tour early?
Unfortunately, we are not able to accommodate special requests like this on our public tours. Once the tour begins we ask that you stay with the guide and the group until the end. If you’re interested in something shorter, please inquire about a private tour.
What is your cancellation policy?
We’re happy to offer free changes and 100% refund up to 24 hours before tour* Failure to cancel a reservation at least 24 hours prior to scheduled departure may result in forfeited travel funds. Fare difference may apply.
What is your weather policy?
All of our tours operate rain or shine, and we have rain ponchos available in our office for purchase (fully refunded if not used).
How long is the ride?
Our Monet’s Gardens Bike Tour covers approximately 6.6 miles (10.6 km).
What is the number to call if I am lost and trying to find the meeting point?
If you are having difficulty finding the meeting location for your tour, please call us at +33 18.104.22.168.94 and our staff will be happy to help you find your way.
My group size is larger than the dropdown menu allows, how can I book?
Please contact our Private Tours team to see what options we have.